17 DEC 2022
Start time: 9:00am
Day of Race (if available): $35
- Access to fully-stocked and fun aid stations staffed by our incredible volunteers.
- Hand-crafted finisher keepsake by Olympia artist Trixy Eichler of Trixwithay.
- The top female and male Legend of Saturnalia will get a unique award.
- We plant a tree for each finisher. Learn more.
- Limited edition race sticker.
- Access to sponsor swag raffle.
- Finish line high fives and/or hugs from race director.
- Safety and medical support.
- An unforgettable and fun winter adventure run at Squaxin (formerly Priest Point) Park.
Proposed course. Final route will be announced soon.
The race begins and ends at the Reeves Middle School track!
The route wind its way through the school ground before heading down to Eastbay Drive and into Squaxin Park. There, we take advantage of most of the trails awesome trail on the upper and lower loop (Ellis Cove trail) of the park before heading back up to the Reeves track for the finish.
PREVIEW THE COURSE WITH US
Join our Strava group to stay up to date with upcoming opportunities to explore the coursessss...
PRE-RACE PACKAGE PICKUP
We'll have a pre-race day package pickup on Friday, December 16th from 5pm - 7pm at Eastside Big Tom (probably).
RACE DAY PACKAGE PICKUP
Race packets can be picked up on race day starting at 7:00am at the Reeves Middle School Track.
We have plenty of parking at Reeves Middle School.
If needed additional, overflow parking will be announced before race day.
Please do not park at Squaxin Park as the park will be open to the community during the race.
DIRECTIONS TO REEVES MIDDLE SCHOOL BY SQUAXIN PARK
Address: 2200 Quince Street NE, Olympia,WA 98506
Reeves Middle School is in the Eastside neighborhood of Olympia. From downtown, head north on Plum toward Squaxin (Priest Point) Park and Boston Harbor. Then turn right onto Berry St and right at Jasper Ave and left onto the school grounds.
Follow I-5 South and take Exit 105 toward Port of Olympia. Keep right toward Port of Olympia and take a slight right onto Henderson Blvd SE. Turn left onto Plum St SE. Then turn right onto Berry St and right at Jasper Ave and left onto the school grounds.
Follow I-5 North and take Exit 105 toward Port of Olympia. Keep right toward Port of Olympia and take a slight right onto Henderson Blvd SE. Turn left onto Plum St SE. Then turn right onto Berry St and right at Jasper Ave and left onto the school grounds.
ETIQUETTE AND RESPECT
On race day, racers must respect the direction and authority of the race director, race organization and volunteers.
As you race around Squaxin Park, you’ll be passing through a neighborhood park maintained by the City of Olympia. The park is frequented by locals, dog walkers, and other runners, and since the route is open to the public on race day, please be courteous and aware of all the other park visitors. We are guests in their neighborhood, so smile, be polite and respectful to all other trail users so as to minimize any disruption.
- We are all sharing Squaxin Park, so be kind to all you encounter and help show why the trail running community is so awesome!
- No short-cutting of any kind. We have eyes out on the course and if you cut a section, you will be disqualified and banned from future races.
- Do not litter. At all. Ever. While we can only monitor the course and not your entire life, if we catch you littering, you will be disqualified and receive a lifetime ban. Bonus high fives/hugs for all who pick up trash.
- Please use the bathrooms provided by the City of Olympia. Keep them as clean as you can, as we are guests in the city park and hope to return year after year.
- There are no dogs, baby joggers, trekking poles, or other “accessories” allowed on the course.
- Stay on the trail when you can. We ask that you stay to the trails to limit our impact on the vegetation around Squaxin Park. Many sections of the trails around Squaxin Park are narrow, so please stay single file as often as you can, letting people pass when possible.
- If you come across an injured runner, you must stay with that person until medical attention arrives. Failure to do so may result in a disqualification.
- Slow runners must yield the trail to others wishing to pass. Be alert and conscientious of other runners.
- Please, no headphones. For big sections of the course the trail is too narrow and you need to be aware of other runners.
- Non-participants may NOT accompany registered runners along the course for any reason.
- Dropping Out: If you find it necessary to drop from the race, you must do so at the aid station. Notify the aid station captain and make sure they get your bib number. Please do not leave the course without notifying an aid station captain. If we can’t account for your whereabouts, we will assume you are missing and launch a search party.
- Race Staff has permission to pull any runner from the event due to injury or another reason that the runner should not continue. We are looking out for your safety, trust us.
Participants are expected to behave in a sportsmanlike manner. The Rock Candy Running Race Management team reserves the right to impose infractions for any reason, even ones not mentioned here. This could be in the form of a DNF issued, or a lifetime ban.
Official protests of infractions and rule violations must be made directly to the Race Directors on race day. If a case of unclear or contested infractions occur, a jury of available racers, volunteers and race marshals will be gathered to discuss what the appropriate action may be. All decisions may be vetoed by the Race Directors.
RULE VIOLATIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Short-cuts taken on any section of the course. The route is well-marked, so follow along and enjoy the path we created. We like and know you will too.
- Disobeying the directions of Race Management and/or race volunteers.
- Littering. Leave the trail cleaner than you found it. Carry trash with you until you get to the aid station garbage can. The loops aren’t that far apart.
- Having a pet on the course.
- Failing to remain at a checkpoint or the aid station for a medical evaluation.
- Blocking another runner in any section of the course.
A LIFETIME BAN WILL HAPPEN IF
- Failing to respect private property or the other users of the park. Be a trail running ambassador. Not a trail run ass.
- Running without a number or using someone else's number.
- Littering. Yes, this is a huge deal.
- Abuse, either verbal or physical, against anyone in, on or around the course. Be kind. Enjoy the run. Be an upstanding citizen of the trail running community.
The Fine Print
- Registration is non-transferable, and no credits will be issued for any reason.
- Race entry cannot be deferred to a future year, except if you become pregnant. Please contact us for details.
- There will be no waitlists or refunds available.
17 DEC 2022
Start time: 9:00am
Day of Race (if available): $35