ETIQUETTE AND RESPECT
On race day, racers must respect the direction and authority of the race director, race organization and volunteers.
We race on public land and the trails are frequented by locals, dog walkers, and other runners, and since the route is open to the public on race day, please be courteous and aware of all the other park visitors. We are guests in their neighborhood, so smile, be polite and respectful to all other trail users so as to minimize any disruption.
- We are all sharing the trails, so be kind to all you encounter and help show why the trail running community is so awesome!
- No short-cutting of any kind. We have eyes out on the course and if you cut a section, you will be disqualified and banned from future races.
- Do not litter. At all. Ever. While we can only monitor the course and not your entire life, if we catch you littering, you will be disqualified and receive a lifetime ban. Bonus high fives/hugs for all who pick up trash.
- Please use the bathrooms provided at the start/finish area. Keep them as clean as you can, as we are guests in the city park and hope to return year after year.
- Stay on the trail when you can. We ask that you stay to the trails to limit our impact on the vegetation around the trails. Many sections of the trails are narrow, so please stay single file as often as you can, letting people pass when possible.
- If you come across an injured runner, you must stay with that person until medical attention arrives. Failure to do so may result in a disqualification.
- Slow runners must yield the trail to others wishing to pass. Be alert and conscientious of other runners.
- Please, no headphones. For big sections of the course the trail is too narrow and you need to be aware of other runners.
- Non-participants may NOT accompany registered runners along the course for any reason.
- Dropping Out: If you find it necessary to drop from the race, you must do so at the aid station. Notify the aid station captain and make sure they get your bib number. Please do not leave the course without notifying an aid station captain. If we can’t account for your whereabouts, we will assume you are missing and launch a search party.
- Race Staff has permission to pull any runner from the event due to injury or another reason that the runner should not continue. We are looking out for your safety, trust us.
Participants are expected to behave in a sportsmanlike manner. The Rock Candy Running race management team reserves the right to impose infractions for any reason, even ones not mentioned here. This could be in the form of a DNF issued, or a lifetime ban.
Official protests of infractions and rule violations must be made directly to the Race Directors on race day. If a case of unclear or contested infractions occur, a jury of available racers, volunteers and race marshals will be gathered to discuss what the appropriate action may be. All decisions may be vetoed by the Race Directors.
RULE VIOLATIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Short-cuts taken on any section of the course. The route is well-marked, so follow along and enjoy the path we created. We like and know you will too.
- Disobeying the directions of Race Management and/or race volunteers.
- Littering. Leave the trail cleaner than you found it. Carry trash with you until you get to the aid station garbage can. The loops aren’t that far apart.
- Having a pet on the course.
- Failing to remain at a checkpoint or the aid station for a medical evaluation.
- Blocking another runner in any section of the course.
A LIFETIME BAN WILL HAPPEN IF
- Failing to respect private property or the other users of the park. Be a trail running ambassador. Not a trail run ass.
- Running without a number or using someone else’s number.
- Littering. Yes, this is a huge deal.
- Abuse, either verbal or physical, against anyone in, on or around the course. Be kind. Enjoy the run. Be an upstanding citizen of the trail running community.
THE FINE PRINT
- Registration is non-transferable, and no credits will be issued for any reason.
- Race entry cannot be deferred to a future year, except if you become pregnant. Please contact us for details.
- There will be no waitlists or refunds available.